Sunday, March 25, 2012

Knitting Slump

I don't know what it is about spring but it has put me into a real slump when it comes to knitting.  I have tried going to my LYS and looking at all the beautiful yarn but just cannot get inspired.

This past week I started looking through all the knitting books I have purchased in the past year and a half and happened upon my copy of  Nicky Epstein - Knitting Block by Block.  I decided to start knitting blocks just to try out some new stitches and techniques and drug out some Sugar N Cream that I bought when I first learned to knit.  Even if I do not ever join the pieces I can use them for dish clothes...Right?!  The first block I have knitted is the Classic Diamond and guess what...it inspired me...YEAH!

My other project that I have been working on is getting all my stash put into my Ravelry Notebook.  I look at Ravelry every single day for new patterns and I think it will help to be able to search by the yarn I have to see what projects have been knitted already.  If you would like to compare stashes just click on the link I have on the side of my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment