Monday, May 7, 2012

Summer Sweater for My Daughter

I have started my first sweater and I am knitting it for my daughter Meghan.  I have chosen a pattern from Purl Bee and I can't wait to see how it turns out.  The pattern is Silken Straw Sweater:


I have chosen to knit it in Classic Elite Firefly yarn in the color sour apple.



My daughter is a blond with hazel eyes and I think the bright green will look great on her.  I cast on last night and only have about 5 rows done.  I will keep you up to date on my progress!

1 comment:

  1. Question! I plan to make this sweater for my daughter in classic elite firefly. Is gauge the same as silken straw? I think I may have to use a size 3 needle. Would love your response. So happy to find your blog on this topic as I sit here wondering! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete