Monday, February 13, 2012

Weekend Travels

I decided to drive to Nashville to surprise my daughter Meghan on Friday.  Meghan is very artistic and works at an amazing store in Nashville called Cake Vintage and if you are not aware of them you really should check out there website or visit the store if you are close.

I also took advantage of her boyfriend Jamie who is a professional photographer and had him photograph my projects to put on Etsy.  Who knew that it was such a process!  Here is one of the photos he shot of the afghan I knitted for Meghan for Christmas.  Jamie is such a talented photographer!  Check out jmwrightphotos.com to see his amazing work.


Of course while in Nashville I had to visit a yarn shop!  Meghan and I went to Haus of Yarn and what a beautiful shop!  As usual I was in heaven and could have stayed there all day just touching the yarns dreaming of all the projects I could knit.  I settled on a couple of skeins of Debbie Bliss Angel that I will use for a dreamy scarf for Meghan (she loves mohair).  I also bought Inca Marl to use for a Bow Knit Scarf that I have had on my to-do list for quite a while. 

I am always on the lookout for a great slipper pattern.  I come from a long line of sock wearers so I think I have to have my feet covered if I am in the house even in the summer!  I found a great pattern I can't wait to try from Coco Knits called Malabrigo Loafers that are just adorable.  There is even an optional embellishment to make them into penny loafers!


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous photo of that beautiful blanket you made. I also LOVE those slippers. I would wear them as shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep you in mind when I start knitting the slippers!

    ReplyDelete